Runtime advanced license vs. standard

Jump to solution
04-09-2012 09:57 AM
Labels (1)
BKuiper
Occasional Contributor III
I'm currently using the extended (till July 30th) license and it seems that it is a standard license which doesn't support the use of Define Projection and Create Spatial Reference when creating a GPK ?

Is this true ? If so, can i get an Advanced license so i can make GPKs that include these tools ?

SEVERITY STATUS CODE DESCRIPTION NAME TYPE
High Unresolved 00089 Tool Define Projection is not licensed for use in an ArcGIS Runtime package InmRaster Tool
High Unresolved 00089 Tool Create Spatial Reference is not licensed for use in an ArcGIS Runtime package InmRaster Tool
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

It will be possible to package a model containing the Define Projection tool with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 Final. However, you'll be using the Pre-release of both ArcGIS for Desktop and the ArcGIS Runtime and therefore unfortunately you won't be able to create a package containing this particular tool.

An updated list of the supported GP tools will be made available when the ArcGIS Runtime Prerelease is out.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

Define Projection is a supported tool. However, it would appear the analyzers in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 Pre-release are preventing you packaging this - I'll investigate. Regarding Create Spatial Reference, currently we do not plan to support this tool. If you have a requirement for this tool please can you provide details of your workflow and we'll review whether the tool should be included.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
BKuiper
Hi,

Define Projection is a supported tool. However, it would appear the analyzers in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 Pre-release are preventing you packaging this - I'll investigate. Regarding Create Spatial Reference, currently we do not plan to support this tool. If you have a requirement for this tool please can you provide details of your workflow and we'll review whether the tool should be included.

Cheers

Mike

I was helping out a colleague. Looking at his script we probably don't need Create Spatial Reference because we use the Python Spatial Reference class directly to create it. We probably need Define Projection.
0 Kudos
BKuiper
Hi Mike, did you find any solution ? I tried using arcpy.env.outputSpatialReference but without any luck (http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//001w00000005000000)

It would be nice if we can have this working in BETA2 or in the upcoming Prerelease version of ArcGIS Runtime.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Hi,

It will be possible to package a model containing the Define Projection tool with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 Final. However, you'll be using the Pre-release of both ArcGIS for Desktop and the ArcGIS Runtime and therefore unfortunately you won't be able to create a package containing this particular tool.

An updated list of the supported GP tools will be made available when the ArcGIS Runtime Prerelease is out.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
BKuiper
Thanks, I guess we will need to implement a workaround for now.
0 Kudos