This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Did you try signing in when prompted with the non-org login? Did it fail?
I did try, and it failed in the usual way where I get a confusing message.
not trying to be argumentative... I have gotten the same confusing message before in other contexts. I think it has to do with multiple simultaneous logins on the same web browser instance (Mozilla in this case). I typically fix this message by starting a new browser window. new browser tab is not sufficient to make confusing error message go away. I think this may have to do with me having multiple accounts that use the same email address.
at any rate I am mystified as to why it would want me to log in when I am already logged in and why it would want me to log in when what I have asked it to do is launch an app.
OK, another stab at it.
created a new acct thru the organization admin tools, then accept the invitation to join.
invited new acct to join group, accepted group invitation.
from new acct was able to launch and use web app. Success.
but the original problem still bugged me so I tested a bit more.
1) start with being logged in as new acct.
2) sign out, then sign in as non-org acct.
3) as non org acct, but member of group, attempt to launch web app
4) same behavior as before- on launch throws me to login panel with error message 'The resource you are trying to reach requires you to sign in.'
5) now in endless loop unable to login
6) open new tab, sign in as non-org acct successfully. attempt to launch web app with same behavior as above, ending in endless login loop.
my previous statement stands corrected - you can retry with a new tab, a new browser instance is not required. However, still seems like a software anomaly to me...
sooo, it seems that in order to use a web app created in an organization, your login must be part of that organization. Correct?