2011/2016 Data for BA Desktop?

Jump to solution
04-10-2012 07:58 AM
EugeneBoyd
New Contributor II
When will all 2011-2016 data be released for BA Desktop?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

Eugene,

Right now it is looking like mid-May we will see the release of BA 10.0 w/2011-2016 data.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

Eugene,

Right now it is looking like mid-May we will see the release of BA 10.0 w/2011-2016 data.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
EugeneBoyd
New Contributor II
Eugene,

Regards,
Jason R.

Any reasons as to why this release date continues to get pushed back each month?
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Any reasons as to why this release date continues to get pushed back each month?

Eugene,

I believe the original rough estimate was sometime in March this past fall so yes it has slid a bit release date wise.  I can't speak directly for the development team in this but I would think the large data changes from the 2010 Census (as well as the ACS data) are the main reasons.  Also the geocoding data is getting a large update as well.  I know everyone on their team is working hard to assure a great data update.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
TerryBell
New Contributor
The original release date I was given in December 2011 was Febraury 2012.....in February 2012 the release date was pushed to March, in March a push to April, now in April a push to May.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
The original release date I was given in December 2011 was Febraury 2012.....in February 2012 the release date was pushed to March, in March a push to April, now in April a push to May.

Terry,

I believe the original estimates, in hindsight, could naturally have been construed as a bit 'ambitious' honestly.  There were some delays in the dataset release itself and then some delays of software development side of things but I can tell you everything is looking great for the Business Analyst 10 2011/2016 data update release.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos