linhujc

Address Range Maintenance

Discussion created by linhujc on Apr 10, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2012 by jborgion
Hi all,

I am currently working on the Address Range for the street centerlines for the city where I work and I need to verify that all of the features are up to date. The problem is the city has 15k+ features under the centerline feature class, and each of them has 4 fields that need to be checked (Left From, Left To, Right From, Right To). I have been looking for a Model or a Script that does that automatically but I have not been able to find anything. Not just for this occasion but I think for the future, since these address are always changing, and a lot of times organizations don't have the time and manpower to keep updating it, a model would come in handy to update these fields. Since geocoding is used a lot by many agencies, it is important to have the most up to date information. If anyone knows of a model/script or has any ideas you would like to share, I'd really appreciate it. I do not know any python but I took some of the tutorials available and did some research and I am trying to work on this on my own so any help would be great! If anyone is interested in this also please contact me. My idea so far is having a buffer around the centerline that selects the parcels adjacent to the centerline, then extracting the parcel numbers creating a list, and I have a code to separate odds and even numbers for the left and right sides, and a code to select the smallest(from) and the highest(to) number. Let me know if anyone has any ideas about this.

v/r

Thank you.

Paulo C. Fernandes Jr.
MIS GIS Analyst
City of Sunrise, Florida
pfernandes@sunrisefl.gov

Outcomes