This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
hard to speculate on one malfunctioning Domain-filled FC without seeing the schema and FC structure, but I'd think there was something corrupt about the FC in question if the domains work elsewhere.
1. are you using subtypes?
2. build a test FC using the domains that work and some that don't if they are not already being used in the functional FCs.
3. how are you resetting the domains in the erring FC? No subtypes set, just looking at the Fields tab? The domain selection menu should only pick ones that have the right field type so that shouldn't be the issue
4. make a new FC and import the structure from the problem one.
5. make sure you have not pulled in a similar FC from outside the gdb
6. or selected the wrong workspace for your EDIT session
7. if the domains are not used elsewhere have a look at them for format; run Domain to Table to check coded values etc. and make sure coded value field type corresponds to the field type used for the various domains in the FC (though I can't see how it could have been selected if not).
I am having some issues with a select number of domains in a specific feature class. I have a file geodatabase build for my Water Infrastructure system. I have multiple "Domains" built for different fields in different feature classes
so editing the attributes is easier. Problem: In my wLaterLine feature class - none of my Domains work. I can go into the feature class in ArcCatalog and reset the domains - open the .MXD the geodatabase is in and still not have any drop downs. I don't have any issues with any other feature classes, just this one. How can I fix this?
We just noticed a similar problem but with our GeoDatabase. We have some feature classes that are all disconnected from the domain and some that are partial. We have had the same schema for years. Please let me know if you get any answers.
I am sure there are other ways of fixing this issue - but this is what I did and it worked out fine.
-Exported the feature class out to a .SHP file and delete the (E) feature class that was having issues (wLateralLines)
-I went to the Domains in ArcCatalog and copied (meaning I wrote the data in a Microsoft Word document) the information.
-I deleted all the Domains that were used for the Feature Class.
-I recreated ALL of the same domains
-Imported the .SHP file back into the Geodatabase witht the same name as before.
-Relinked all of the Domains to the Feature Class fields
When I opened up the .MXD for the geodatabase - the wLateralLines feature class was back to normal. All my drop-downs where present and the data was all there.
As I said before - I am sure there is a better way to do this - but for me it seemed to fix this paticular Feature Class.
Hopefully you won't have to do it again, if you do try this http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//001700000022000000http:// tool and then use the other one called Table to Domain to import them back. It'll at least save you having to copy a large amount of material. There's also this tool http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/geodatabase/details?entryID=D62A883B-1422-2418-8873-5721AB32134Dhttp:// which can help when handling domains.