27 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2014 11:41 AM by ZachBray

Using the attribute Assistant to populate a second lookup value

agaiser
      My apologies that this isn't specifically a water utilities issue, but this forum seems to have the most traffic in relation to the Attribute Assistant, so I thought I would post here.

I am using the attribute assistant (which by the way I think is wonderful) but I have run into a bit of a problem. Here is the scenario:

I have road names that are created and maintained in a separate non spatial Oracle Database.
      I am creating spatial locations in an Oracle SDE geodatabase and need to lookup a road name and copy the value to the spatial feature.
      I am using the attribute assistant and the validate_attribute_lookup value method to get the road name and it works great.

Now, what I need to do is while I am looking up the road name value, I need to get the unique road name id (another value associated with the table entry). Any suggestions on how I could do this? The road name ids are gibberish so the lookup is not helpful. Ideally, I would just like it to grab two pieces of information when I am doing the lookup.

All suggestions are welcome.

Alison