ArcGIS Online User Not Found

Jump to solution
04-18-2012 08:35 PM
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm trying to add a colleague to a group I have created, however when I search for his username, no users are found. I have checked and triple check his user name and the system can still not find him.

Any ideas on what alternate route I can take to get him added to my group? This part of AGON seems quite limited, as if the system cannot find the user there seems to be no alternative options, i.e. via email address etc.

Thanks,
DK
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

The issue has been resolved. My colleague had registered for an Esri Global Account but hadn't logged into the arcgis.com site and linked the two. I don't know why this needs to be done, it defeats the purpose of a 'global account', but nevertheless we're all good now.

Thanks for your help.

DK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

There's a couple of things I'd check to start with - first, check that the case is right when you're searching for the username, because the search is case-sensitive. If the user has any publically shared items, you could also try searching for those items by using a search string like:
owner:username
That way you could be sure the username was correct.

Second, I would go to the ArcGIS Online website, and check if you can invite the user that way, to rule out any problems with using ArcGIS Explorer Online.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

The issue has been resolved. My colleague had registered for an Esri Global Account but hadn't logged into the arcgis.com site and linked the two. I don't know why this needs to be done, it defeats the purpose of a 'global account', but nevertheless we're all good now.

Thanks for your help.

DK
0 Kudos