Flash Command

04-26-2012 08:48 AM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III
I would like to implement the same flash feature command that ESRI uses when accessing the context menu on a table row.

I have used the following to flash a selected feature:

IActiveView activeView = ArcMap.Document.ActiveView;
IFeatureIdentifyObj featIdentify = new FeatureIdentifyObject();
featIdentify.Feature = feature;
IIdentifyObj identify = featIdentify as IIdentifyObj;
identify.Flash(activeView.ScreenDisplay);

This code works, but does not have the 'crosshairs' that the ESRI flash command does.

I was looking possibly executing a command with ICommand.Execute,   but could not find an ID for the Flash Command form the table context menu.

Anyone have success with implmenting the same Flash Command that ESRI uses within custom code?

Thanks,

Mele
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SuiHuang
Occasional Contributor II
I encountered the same situation and also want to know the anwser. Thank you for asking it before me.

I would like to implement the same flash feature command that ESRI uses when accessing the context menu on a table row.

I have used the following to flash a selected feature:

IActiveView activeView = ArcMap.Document.ActiveView;
IFeatureIdentifyObj featIdentify = new FeatureIdentifyObject();
featIdentify.Feature = feature;
IIdentifyObj identify = featIdentify as IIdentifyObj;
identify.Flash(activeView.ScreenDisplay);

This code works, but does not have the 'crosshairs' that the ESRI flash command does.

I was looking possibly executing a command with ICommand.Execute,   but could not find an ID for the Flash Command form the table context menu.

Anyone have success with implmenting the same Flash Command that ESRI uses within custom code?

Thanks,

Mele
0 Kudos
SuiHuang
Occasional Contributor II
IMapControlDefault.FlashShape also flashes the geometry, but still does not provide cross-hair
0 Kudos
LinkElmore
New Contributor III
Has anyone found a Python equivalent for this?  Perhaps in the arcpy.mapping module?  I can't seem to locate it.
0 Kudos