This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
1. Open (or create a new) network dataset (ND) in ArcCatalog
2. Riht-Click / Properties / Attributes / Add (when creating a new ND, the default settings will automatically generate a length attribute)
3. Make it a Cost Attribute / Unknown Units / Integer
4. Go to Evaluators / Default Values
5. Element "Turn" / Type "VB Script" / Default --Click Evaluator Properties 5. Enter the following VB script: turnscount = 0 a = Turn.Angle If a >= 20 And a<= 340 Then turnscount = 1 Else turnscount = 0 End If Value= turnscount
This script will count every turn that is more than 20deg sharp as a turn.
For counting junctions, do another attribute, and in Default Values, click "Junction", Default=1 This will count every junction as 1
Andres - Thanks for the reply.
sstone13 - If you are looking for more info, you might try posting to the forum link below, as the Network Analyst extension is not part of the Esri Defense Mapping solution. Best of Luck.
Network-Analyst Forum: http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/102-Network-Analyst