Topo To Raster Error?

05-13-2012 03:38 AM
CharlesGant
New Contributor III
Hey All,

Below is a block of code and the error generated.  Can some please tell me what the issue is?  I use Topo To Raster in other code everyday, I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking something simple or what.  I opened ArcMap and ran the exact same shapefile with the exact same field, in the exact same location, through the Topo To Raster tool, and it ran fine.  Thus, I dont think its the data.  I could be wrong though.  All the data is in the shapefile is point data. 

Update:  Same block of code works for a completely different shapefile.  Seems as if something is going on behind the scenes when I run the tool inside ArcMap that I dont have incorporated into the python code.  I checked the data in the first shapefile with that of the second, and they are both of type double.  Makes no sense.  It's like its a data issue but the data looks just like the data in the second shapefile that works fine. 

import os
import shutil
import arcpy
from arcpy import env
from arcpy.sa import *
import arcview
import sys, string, os, arcgisscripting
gp = arcgisscripting.create(10.0)
gp.SetProduct("ArcView") # or ArcEditor or ArcInfo
gp.overwriteoutput = 1

arcpy.CheckOutExtension("spatial")

shapefile = 'R:\\Tornado Research\\Test\\TestLayerDir\\20060402\\00Z\\SfcShape.shp'
Outraster = 'R:\\Tornado Research\\Test\\TestLayerDir\\20060402\\00Z\\out'

outTTR = TopoToRaster([TopoPointElevation([[shapefile, 'CAPE0_3KM']])], "0.0735204010009768", "", "20", "", "", "ENFORCE", "CONTOUR", "40", "", "1", "0", "", "")
outTTR.save(Outraster)
print 'Topo To Raster Done'

ERROR:
ERROR 000859: The required parameter Input feature data is empty, or is not the type of Topo features.
ERROR 000859: The required parameter Output surface raster is empty, or is not the type of Raster Dataset.
Failed to execute (TopoToRaster).
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CharlesGant
New Contributor III
Well I finally figured it out.  Apparently its not allowed to have a blank spaces in the path name.  Valuable lesson learned, never again will I use spaces when naming files and folders.