xy data and shapefiles

06-12-2012 07:14 AM
JaneCloke
New Contributor
Hi all

I'm pretty new to GIS, so apologies if my problem is rather simplistic

I'm planning to do regression analysis (GWR) on several datasets, where all but one is based on census areas (UK OS lower level super output areas, lsoa) for which I have a shape file that describes the polygons. Regression with the census-based variables is easy to set up and execute because both the dependent and explanatory variables are held within the same Input feature.

But I'm finding difficulty with my final explanatory variable - concentrations at x,y coordinates (UK OS co-ordinates). I believe I need to 'join' or 'relate' with my lsoa shapefile (which is what I've done with the other variables); I've tried all sorts of things such as kriging and extracting to vector, 'relates', 'joins', adding new fields, calculating new fields, but to no avail.

I'm sure there is someone out there who has done this before - I'd really appreciate your advice.

thanks

Jane
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NobbirAhmed
Esri Regular Contributor
So, all your datasets are in table format (non-spatial) except the polygon shapefile, right? Could you please elaborate on the schemas (fields) of the table and the shapefile?
0 Kudos