3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 9:02 AM by khodge-esristaff

Cached Image Files

pdowellslc
      I am using the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plugin and connecting to our internal image service. The program appears to be caching the images in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp.

Is there a setting in the plugin that would allow me to clear the cached images when exiting AutoCAD?
        • Re: Cached Image Files
          AThunuguntla-esristaff
          I am using the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plugin and connecting to our internal image service. The program appears to be caching the images in C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp.

Is there a setting in the plugin that would allow me to clear the cached images when exiting AutoCAD?

Hi pdowellslc,

Currently there isn't an option that will clear the cached images.
            pdowellslc
            Is there plans to add this to the next release?
              khodge-esristaff
              Is there plans to add this to the next release?

Hi Preston.  You can safely delete those files yourself, however.  (You may even want to set up a script that runs when you start AutoCAD to clear the files.)

However...

The cached files are deleted when:
              - a new image is generated
              - a service is deleted.

I can see that there would be a problem with files accumulating if you add a service, then close the drawing without saving the drawing or deleting the service.   A fix won't make it into our next release, but I can look into adding it in the future.  Thanks for pointing it out.

--Karen