Routing in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android

09-24-2012 02:12 AM
VincentAwino
New Contributor
I'm creating a multimodal network that consist of bus routes, bus stops and pedestrian navigation. I want a user to query (within an android GUI) for the nearest bus-stop (with respect to his/her current location) having a bus that follows the route to his/her final destination. the result he/she gets should be a route map showing the route he/she should walk to get to the nearest bus-stop (with a bus that goes to his/her destination) and the route the bus will take to get to its destination. the app should also take into account change overs in case the commuter would have to change buses in order to get to his/her destination.

The current location of the user will be given via GPS, or the wireless network or the user may enter his/her current location manually with respect to the name of the nearest building that he/she is at.

What is the best way to achieve this on android using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android?. Is there a sample code that i could use to help me achieve this? thanks for your help
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AgustinNin
New Contributor
You could solve your problem?
I have the same problem and I need an example
0 Kudos
VincentAwino
New Contributor
You could solve your problem?
I have the same problem and I need an example

I still can't solve it. someone has told me that the routing features will come with the a new release of the SDK. Routing still can't be done with the current SDK
0 Kudos
HenriqueOberhuber_Rodrigues
New Contributor
Is there any update about this issue?
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
The upcoming release of the ArcGIS Android SDK v10.1.1 will have support for Routing using a new Network Analyst API feature.  There will be samples included with the release, specifically a routing sample which uses the device GPS as a starting location.  The sample allows you to long press on the map to route to that point and includes turn by turn navigation which alllows you to zoom in on any segment along the route.  The sample uses the new Geocoding service available from ArcGIS Online.
0 Kudos
VincentAwino
New Contributor
When is ArcGIS Android SDK v10.1.1 being released?
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
We released today > Blog post announcement here.
0 Kudos
VincentAwino
New Contributor
Thank you so much Dan for this assistance. This was really helpful. One more thing. I need to edit the original post a little.. How can I do this? please help. Thanks
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
When you are logged in you should see an 'Edit Post' to any posts you have submitted to the tread.
0 Kudos
ThomasBinu
New Contributor III
The routing sample for Arcgis SDK 10.1 continuously shows  'GC_CONCURRENT freed xxxK' messages in the logcat when the application runs.
I am using the latest version of eclipse for mobile and a  galaxy s3 to run the application.  Please look into this issue.
0 Kudos