ModelBuilder: 'Cannot Create Output' from Summary Statistics Tool

09-26-2012 10:35 PM
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,

I have a Summary Stats tool at the end of a workflow in ModelBuilder which isn't functioning. At the beginning on the model, I set the workspace as a model variable to a geodatabase, e.g. E:\Temp.gdb and various other files are created within a feature class in this geodatabase.

Now I know a table cannot be stored in a feature class, however I can't get this stats table to store anywhere in the geodatabase. If I run the tool separately, it runs fine therefore with identical case fields etc, model synax shouldn't be the issue.

I currently have the output path as %Workspace%\Stats, where %Workspace% is as above, E:\Temp.gdb however when I do this, I get a dialog box entitled 'New ArcInfo Workspace' and it prompts me to enter a new workspace, even though I have defined the workspace as a model parameter at the start of the workflow. I must just be a path and/or inline variable syntax issue but I cannot figure it out.

And I cannot use the Parse Path tool instead of workspace as the file I am creating stats from is in a feature dataset and this conflicts with the table, as described above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DK
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
Make sure that your variable name for "Workspace" is not misspelled or you have used upper or lower case between the variable name and the inline substitution (i.e. "Workspace" versus "workspace"). A quick question as i'm not sure about your workflow in your model is, does your Geodatabase exist before the model is run? If the following doesn't help, I'd suggest you attach your model and sample data onto the following forum for the community to have a better look at to see why your model is failing.

Regards
0 Kudos
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Please see attached image of this section of the workflow. I've double-checked the spelling of 'workspace' and it is identical, including upper and lower case elements. I have also triple-checked the Case Field and Stat Fields, and these are too identical to the output file 'Buffer_PolicyData_DistanceBands_WarningArea'.

The geodatabase and feature dataset do exist before the model is run. All the created feature classes are stored within the feature dataset and the table is to go in the main geodatabase directory, as per Esri geodatabase 'rules'.

My syntax for the stats output is '%Workspace%\PolicyData_DistanceBands_WarningArea'.

What I really don't understand is when running the tool and prompted to enter New ArcInfo Workspace, if I hit cancel and ignore it, the model completes successfully. Also, when entering the 4 parameters, one of which being the Workspace, if I enter any of the others first it will prompt me again and again, however as soon as I define the workspace in the model, it stops the popup from appearing when I enter the others.

I'm raising a support call if I can't figure this out by the end of today.

Thanks for your help.
DK
0 Kudos
NickLegg
New Contributor
Hi there,

I am curious if anyone has found a solution to this problem? I am having the same "New ArcInfo Workplace" dialog pop up every time I plug in an in-line variable for the input directory in both Summary Statistics and Dissolve tools.

Thanks for your help,
Nick
0 Kudos
DavidBrett
New Contributor III

are you saving to a network FGDB?

Check this thread: Re: Modelbuilder- Dissolve Error- "New ArcInfo Workspace"

0 Kudos
Panagiotis
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I'm dealing with the exact same problem at the moment, has anyone found a workaround?

Thanks,

Panos

0 Kudos