ACCESS DENIED PROBLEM

11-12-2012 03:37 AM
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

on Server A I have ArcGISServer 10.0
on Server B I have ArcGISServer 9.3.1

There is an image service created from Raster mosaic dataset on Server A
And I created a GlobeService on Server B. The globe document of This globe service has data which comes from Server A (image service)..

I have lots of globe services in Server B, created in this way.
But when I try to load some of the globe services from Server B to GlobeControl in VB.NET, I get this error :
"Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

I don't find any solution.
If there is a problem with the globe services from Server B or image services from Server A,
I think that all of the globe services or image services shouldn't work.Am i wrong?
But in this manner, for example if i have 5 globe services which were created from image services,
3 of them work properly but 2 of them give this error.
I all controlled the agsusers and agsadmin and security of the data directories ..There are no problems..

what may the problem be?

Please help
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexanderKeyel
New Contributor III

This is probably too late to be of use, but this was the most relevant search result when I searched "Access is denied", so I'm answering now, in case others have this problem, too.

I got an "Access is denied" error when I tried to use arcpy.Mosaic_management (mosaic tool) with more than one input

e.g.:

path1 = "C:/path/to/file/file"

path2 = "C:/path/to/file2/file2"

paths = [path1, path2]

first_raster = "C:/path/to/first_raster/first_raster"

arcpy.Mosaic_management(paths, first_raster, "FIRST")

When I changed it to:

arcpy.Mosaic_management([path1], first_raster, "FIRST")

I no longer got the error. (in Python, you can create a loop over the path list, and can quickly mosaic all the rasters together.

I don't know why the mosaic tool cannot handle more than one input when I try to use it, but I also recall having this problem in the past.

NOTE: I'm running ArcGIS 10.3.1 on Windows 7, and am not running anything on a server.

0 Kudos