unable to start iomgr.

11-26-2012 07:36 AM
josianezongo
New Contributor
Hi,
I have problem to start arc_sde service. After authorization of ArcSDE while the post installation, when i want to start ArcSDE service, i have this error:  "An error was encountered while running ArcSDE post installation. Operation Failed. Unable to start iomgr."
My configurations are:
-postgreSQL 8.3.8
-ArcSDE 10
-Postgis 1.4.2
Someone has an idee?

I precise that i am novice in this domain

Thank
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Josiane,

Can you please also post the log details from this file, like: sde_esri_sde.log? You can find the file from %sdehome%/etc folder, like: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcSDE\pgexe\etc.

One possible cause of this issue would be your ArcSDE repositories (database) are not matched with your ArcSDE binaries (software). For example, your ArcSDE binary files are in version 10 SP5, but your ArcSDE geodatabase still in version 10 SP1.

Thanks,
Ben L.
0 Kudos
josianezongo
New Contributor
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your reaction. I resolved my problem. It wase because i had 2 databases servers installed: postgresql 9.0 which is not compatible with ArcSDE 10 and postgresql 8.3.8. I uninstalled postgresql 9.0, redone post-installation and the service started.

Hi Josiane,

Can you please also post the log details from this file, like: sde_esri_sde.log? You can find the file from %sdehome%/etc folder, like: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcSDE\pgexe\etc.

One possible cause of this issue would be your ArcSDE repositories (database) are not matched with your ArcSDE binaries (software). For example, your ArcSDE binary files are in version 10 SP5, but your ArcSDE geodatabase still in version 10 SP1.

Thanks,
Ben L.
0 Kudos