HEC-GeoRas and HEC-GeoHMS beta updates  for ArcGIS 10.1

12-08-2012 08:08 AM
Labels (1)
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Esri Water Resources team has reworked the community ftp service site.  It is now a hosted secure file transfer service.

We just moved to a new ftp server system:

https://mft.esri.com

Login: ADSRiverHydraulics
Password: ADSRiver.2012

Note that the password will be reset every 6 months or so.

To access, select a FTP client:

1. Web Client
   Site link:  https://mft.esri.com 
   (Video tutorials available on the main page, prior to log in)

2. Third party SFTP client
   ** Download a preconfigured client
https://mft.esri.com/EFTClient/Account/mft.zip **

3. FTP address to configure a third party SFTP client of your choice:
   Site address:  mft.esri.com
   Port:  22

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team

You'll find beta builds of the HEC GeoHMS and GeoRAS for use with ArcGIS 10.1

Should be stable, but mind your Python configuration when installing, please report bugs and check frequently for patched builds.

Stuart
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
CCCDS
by
New Contributor
HI
Thank you so much to provide beta builds of the HEC GeoHMS and GeoRAS for  ArcGIS 10.1!!
I didn't work yet with those, I will document bugs
however there's a problem: I installed ArcHydro and geoRAS but cannot install geoHMS; while the installation is running, an error appears: "ERROR 1901",ATTEMPTING TO READ FROM THE SOURCE INSTALLATION DATABASE: C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\6fd77c.msi
I tryied to re-download it, or to install on another pc but no way
Of course, the Setup10_Beta is not suitable for ArcGis 10.1, since it is for 10.0

what can I do??
thank you again, sincerly
0 Kudos
JoeStrouse
New Contributor
HI
Thank you so much to provide beta builds of the HEC GeoHMS and GeoRAS for  ArcGIS 10.1!!
I didn't work yet with those, I will document bugs
however there's a problem: I installed ArcHydro and geoRAS but cannot install geoHMS; while the installation is running, an error appears: "ERROR 1901",ATTEMPTING TO READ FROM THE SOURCE INSTALLATION DATABASE: C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\6fd77c.msi
I tryied to re-download it, or to install on another pc but no way
Of course, the Setup10_Beta is not suitable for ArcGis 10.1, since it is for 10.0

what can I do??
thank you again, sincerly

This will be a great tool - I have the same Error 1901 issue with my computer. Not sure if this will clarify anything, but we're using ArcGIS 10.1 with Windows 7 OS.

Thank you for your help -
0 Kudos
AbMaamar-Tayeb
New Contributor
Hello,

Thank you for making GeoRas and GeoHMS available for GIS 10.1.

I am also getting the same error message 1901.  

As a suggestion, I have tried to load as "Administrator" and this has not worked.

Could this be a windows 7 compatibility issue?

Any ideas?

Ab
0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II
Having the same issue installing as everyone else, when installing HEC-GeoHMS for ArcGIS 10.1:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20701[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
Nataliya
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
There was probably a disruption during the transfer to the ftp site. New setups have just been uploaded that should fix this problem.

Christine Dartiguenave
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Christine,

Thanks!  Helps folks to know it was not their systems or a bad install attempt.

Perhaps you could post up MD5 HASH values for the installers.  Either here in the fourms, or as a README file posted up to the sftp server with the installers, so we (and you) can tell when there are issues with transfer of the installers.

Stuart
0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II
There was probably a disruption during the transfer to the ftp site. New setups have just been uploaded that should fix this problem.

Christine Dartiguenave

Thanks, Christine. I uploaded and re-installed new setups successfully. Now I will start testing tools.

Nataliya
0 Kudos
JoeStrouse
New Contributor
Update installed well - thank you!

I've started using GeoHMS and get the following error when trying to output the Adjoint Catchment:

Adjoint Catchment Processing[145153_01222013]
Output Adjoint Catchment: <empty>
Inputs  DrainageLine and Catchment

I've checked and both the DrainageLine and Catchment layer attributes are populated.

Thanks again for your help -
0 Kudos
PatrickNdolo_Goy
New Contributor II
Hello,

I'm unable to connect to the server. I used Filezilla client and the preconfigured client. Someone can help me.
Thank you.

Patrick.
0 Kudos