BStAubin

ArcPy FeatureSet load error when run in geoprocessing service from client

Discussion created by BStAubin on Dec 18, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 by BStAubin
Good day,

I'm trying to get a geoprocessing service to work. The service runs fine from ArcCatalog when I'm on the server, it produces the expected results. Once published though, I cannot get it to run from the endpoint. It seems that a part of my python code is responsible. Basically, I have this simple piece of code that is supposed to look for a file on the disk and return it as a Feature Class :

[INDENT]

import arcpy
LayerName = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)
path = "C:\\PathToDatabase\database.gdb\\"
fs = arcpy.FeatureSet(path + LayerName)
arcpy.SetParameterAsText(1, fs)
[/INDENT]

When I execute the service from the endpoint I get this message :

[INDENT]Unable to complete operation.
Error executing tool.: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\PathToService\SearchByFeaturesTest.GPServer\extracted\v101\GetFileLocation.py", line 13, in <module> fs = arcpy.FeatureSet(path + LayerName) File "c:\program files\arcgis\server\arcpy\arcpy\arcobjects\mixins.py", line 1007, in __init__ self._arc_object.load(table) RuntimeError: RecordSetObject: Cannot open table for Load Failed to execute (Get Source FeatureSet). Failed to execute (SearchByFeaturesTest). Failed to execute (Search By Features Test).[/INDENT]

When I look at the extracted py file in the task folder (C:\PathToService\SearchByFeaturesTest.GPServer\extracted\v101\GetFileLocation.py), I can see that lines have been added to my original py file:

[INDENT]

# Esri start of added variables
import os, arcpy
g_ESRI_variable_1 = os.path.join(arcpy.env.packageWorkspace,u'database.gdb')
# Esri end of added variables

# Esri start of added imports
import sys, os, arcpy
# Esri end of added imports

import arcpy
LayerName = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)
path = g_ESRI_variable_1
fs = arcpy.FeatureSet(path + LayerName)
arcpy.SetParameterAsText(1, fs)
[/INDENT]

I am truly stumped on this problem and I could realy use a hand, can anyone help?

Thanks

Bruno

Outcomes