Bathymetric license?

12-24-2012 05:25 PM
JackBaker
New Contributor
I have ARC gis 10.1 advanced home edition. Does this come with bathymetric toolbox? If not how do I obtain it?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BertrandBaud
New Contributor III
Hello,

The ArcGIS bathymetry toolbox is part of the ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry extension. You need to purchase this separately, and install it as an extension to ArcGIS Desktop. It might not apply to your specific case, but for a limited time, this extension is available for free for existing users of the ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting extension.

You can get more information here, and you can request an evaluation here.

Thank you,

Bertrand
0 Kudos
JeffreyBarrell
New Contributor II
I have a similar question... I'm using 10.1 with a concurrent site license at my university... when I look at ArcGIS administrator, it appears that we have licenses available for bathymetry and nautical, but I didn't have the option to install them at any point, and I can't activate them from the list of extensions.  Is there a way I could download the software for the extension, to be activated by my site license?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
AndyOmmen
Esri Contributor
Hi Jeff,

Your university should have a License Administrator who is in charge of assigning licenses for the various ArcGIS extensions, Nautical and Bathymetry solutions being two of them. I'm pretty sure you'll have to be granted permission to use these extensions (either through a designated professor and/or the License Administrator) but once you have been cleared, the License Adiminstrator should provide you with instructions on how to install the Nautical and Bathymetry solutions. If you're not sure who your License Administrator is, I would start by contacting your universities IT department. 

I hope this helps.

Andy
0 Kudos
JeffreyBarrell
New Contributor II
Thanks aommen, I talked to our GIS centre and was given a single-use provisioning file that took care of it, everything working now.
0 Kudos