ArcGIS online: Not Saving Detail Edits

01-21-2013 07:16 AM
JillPlescher
New Contributor III
Hi,
In the ArcGIS online (free version) I am unable to save changes in the DETAILS window.
I get a PLEASE WAIT.... and nothing happens.
I can save the map when working the symbology, etc., in the ArcGIS online viewer.
I tried doing a SAVE AS of the map then edits to the DETAIL, still same problem.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Very strange. Can you clear your browser cache agressively and see if that helps? What browser are you using?

Mike
0 Kudos
JillPlescher
New Contributor III
I use Google Chrome.  And I cleared all my browsing history, as you suggested - same problem.
So I tried Internet Explorer - when I hit save (in the edit DETAILS window) an error message came up immediately (a microsoft thing).
The error message was something about program not working, close window, will search for a solution.  Maybe I'll try making a new map with the same data, see if it happens again.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share your web map and post a link to it here?

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Is your web map accessing a GIS Server that is not accessible outside your organization? That appears to be a problem currently...We're looking into it.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JillPlescher
New Contributor III
It's working now.  I started a new map and reloaded the data and everything is saving properly, in the edit detail mode.
0 Kudos
ScottCampbell
Esri Contributor
Hi There - we were seeing exactly the same thing with our organizational account where we are unable to make any edits to the details page for WebMaps and it just hung with the "Please Wait..." message. We now seem to have fixed this by removing a reference to a Utility Service which was not running.

Scott.
0 Kudos
KenDoman
Occasional Contributor II

It's two years later, and we're seeing the same issue. At the bottom of the page, the Save and clear buttons are replaced with a concatenated list of parameters (starting with ('fjsontoken'...)

0 Kudos