Web Adapter Installation Error/Problem

03-17-2013 10:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Successfully installed ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1 on a new server. No previous version of AGS/Esri. Created a new site and am able to successfully log into the new site. However upon installing the Web Adaptor and when navigating to http://localhost/arcgis/webadaptor I receive the following error:

The profile for the user is a temporary profile.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The profile for the user is a temporary profile.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: The profile for the user is a temporary profile.
]
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer) +369
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle) +151
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair() +85
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportParameters(Boolean includePrivateParameters) +98
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.SetupUI() +152
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +76
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Any ideas or has anyone else ran into this?

Thanks in advance,

Rgibson
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I have used the web adapter and did not have a problem.

You might have already seen this but it seems to have a number of suggestions:

http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/472-systemsecuritycryptographycryptographicexcept...
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
What's your system: is it a Citrix?
0 Kudos
MarceloCollao
New Contributor

Hello.

I have read this thread very late...  sorry.

I have the same problem below and we are using Citrix. Do You have some recommendation?

[CryptographicException: The profile for the user is a temporary profile.]
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer) +369
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle) +151
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair() +85

Thanks in advanced.

Marcelo.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

For anyone that comes across this thread first (like I did), check out Re: WebAdaptor Error profile for the user is temporary profile     Kenneth's suggestion fixed 10.3.1 for me.

0 Kudos