#NIM090209  ArcGIS Server services are not listed when logging in with valid credenti

04-02-2013 04:54 AM
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III
#NIM090209  ArcGIS Server services are not listed when logging in with valid credentials in ArcGIS Explorer 2500

ESRI, there seems to be ongoing authentication issues on nearly every platform at one time or another.  Before SP1 there as another issues with AGX when using the webadaptor and secured services. Do the majority of ESRI users work in the public/non-secured realm?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
We are working on fix for this issue in the ArcGIS Explorer desktop 10.2 release.

Mark
0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
We are working on fix for this issue in the ArcGIS Explorer desktop 10.2 release.

Mark

I'm glad to hear it since I think it will be over a year now since we've been able to use AGX (given the previous bug with web adaptor at 10.1.0). AGX Online doesn't support secured services either (never has) so that's not a viable option.
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Zachary:

ArcGIS Online for Organizations does support adding secure services.  One cannot add a secure service directly into the map, but can add a secure service to a Content folder and then bring that into a map.  In your My Content window, click on the Add Item button to add a secure service.
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Zachary:

AGX Desktop 1750 can consume secure services from ArcGIS for Server 10.11.  The AGX 1750 map with secure services can be saved and opened with AGX 2500.  Although the current build of AGX 2500 cannot see secure services from Server 10.11 it can open maps that contain secure services.
0 Kudos
MichaelSebhat
New Contributor II
A workaround to the problem is to make an insecure service... Connect to it... with valid credentials, even though is insecure. Save the map document .nmf and then secure the service using the same credentials used in the Explorer connection. When you open the nmf file it will show the secured service. The added bonus is that any new services added under those connection credentials will also be visible to use.  Place the .nmf file on a distributable server for download i.e. Web server... Everything works a peach!
0 Kudos