GetServerInfo SOAP request fails for map service with large number of domains

Jump to solution
04-03-2013 10:18 AM
NeilDuxbury
New Contributor II
I have an ArcGIS Server 10.1.1 map service that contains a large number of domains (more than 25,000). When the map service is configured with default value for "Maximum Number of Coded Domains" parameter, the GetServerInfo SOAP request returns successfully - although domains are not present. When the value for this parameter is increased so that domains can be returned, the request fails with a 400 error stating that request sent by client was structurally incorrect.

Here's what I see in the logs when the error occurs:

• map service

• [INDENT]

• Msg with code 10009 stating "GetServerInfo has completed."

• Msg with code 100002 stating "String request successfully processed. Response size is 22057089 characters."

[/INDENT]
  • server

• [INDENT]

• Msg with code 8001 stating that an instance of service "failed to process a request"

[/INDENT]
  • Fiddler

• [INDENT]

• Response from server with HTTP Status 400, stating that "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect()." and a footer of Apache Tomcat 7.0.0.27.

[/INDENT]
Does anyone have any suggestions on likely causes of this problem or suggestions for configuration changes or troubleshooting steps?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NeilDuxbury
New Contributor II
Hey Brad

Yes. The problem was with the SOC heap size.

There was an explanatory error message that was logged at DEBUG level - "Exception caught while processing request. Java heap space"

The fix was to alter the setting for SOC maximum heap size (in MB) for the machine. You can do this via the ArcGIS admin site (http://[server]:6080/arcgis/admin). I increased the value from 64 to 128.

Thanks,
Neil

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Did you ever get this one resolved?

Brad
0 Kudos
NeilDuxbury
New Contributor II
Hey Brad

Yes. The problem was with the SOC heap size.

There was an explanatory error message that was logged at DEBUG level - "Exception caught while processing request. Java heap space"

The fix was to alter the setting for SOC maximum heap size (in MB) for the machine. You can do this via the ArcGIS admin site (http://[server]:6080/arcgis/admin). I increased the value from 64 to 128.

Thanks,
Neil