Amazon cloud region

04-07-2013 07:10 AM
RobertWeise
New Contributor
hi all,
my understanding is that ArcGIS Online runs on Amazon Cloud Services. Is it possible to request certain regions to be used in Amazon cloud services? I am not too intersted in hosting "on premises" and if our data can be stored in non-US region (say for example Ireland) I would make make clients a lot happier.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately it's a little more complex than that, and it is not possible to just host specific content in certain regions of different clouds. Hosting your own Portal in this Region or on prem would be your options.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MiguelMorgado
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

You have two options:

1 - host your own Portal, AGS/SDE in Amazon, Azure or Rackspace. That is not that simple or cheap to do, since you need to take in consideration high availability and disaster recovery, license costs, infrastructure costs etc.

2- host your map services or web applications in one of the UK companies offering this service. The map services can be used elsewhere (desktop, AGOL, etc). All support to the service and data management is done locally. MSaaS - map service as a service

0 Kudos