Automatically set History Template to "Retired Tax Parcel" instead of "Unaccounted"

06-24-2013 07:24 AM
Labels (1)
JustinMcCulloch
New Contributor III
Hey,

With regard to the parcel fabric, does anyone know a way to have the Parcel Remainder tool automatically set the symbology template value for the newly created 'Historical' parcels to something other than 'Unaccounted'. It would be nice if I could get historical parcels to automatically be set as 'Retired Tax Parcels', since 90% of the time that's what they are. I'm not sure if this is the type of thing anyone else has endeavored to do, but it would make the workflow that much faster for our editors.

On the same topic, I would like to be able to get other fields to automatically update as well. For 'legal start date' and 'legal end date' we use the date of transfer, which is almost always also the recording date. Well, since we punch the legal start date into the new parcel construction and then typically run a remainder on the parent parcel(s), it would be convenient if the 'legal start date' value for the new parcel was carried over to the 'legal end date' field for the historical parcel that gets created during the remainder.

Let me know if any of you folks have had the same inclination as me.

Regards,

Justin McCulloch
Wood County Ohio Auditor's Office
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

Justin,

In regards to your point in the second paragraph see the idea called: Parcel Fabric Plans Legal Start Date Transfer. Amir did mention in a comment that it has been implemented already. I'm not sure which version. We are at 10.1 SP1.

0 Kudos