Transform Parcels - Move parcel point has quit working.

07-22-2013 06:20 AM
Labels (1)
RobertMacCord
New Contributor
When I select parcels to adjust a point, I select the Transform Parcels tool and then try to use the Move Parcel Point button but nothing happens.  Could it be related to the fact that the LGM is extremely slow when in an SDE environment?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor
It looks like you might have 2 separate issues:

1. If you enable the LGIM (Local Government Information Model) a feature linked annotation and a few relationship classes are added. This should not have a major impact on your SDE performance. Please contact technical support if you are having a geodatabase performance issues.

2. Transform parcel tool not responding - please verify it works against the same parcel on a file geodatabase. If it does, this might indicate again a SDE issue. To export a few parcels to an empty fabric you can select the parcels and export to a cadastral XML. I would suggest to contact technical support for this issue as well.

0 Kudos
SteveGasbarre
New Contributor II

I had this same issue.   I started a new project with only a previously configured Parcel Fabric layer, but this was still unable to 'grab' parcel points.  Before submitting a case to ESRI I started another new project, but instead of adding the old Parcel Fabric layer, I added the raw Parcel Fabric data and it allowed me 'grab' parcel points.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Please contact technical support to create a case for any unexpected behavior.

Cases that are software bugs are reported to the development team.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SteveGasbarre
New Contributor II

I didn't open a support case with ESRI as re-adding the Parcel Fabric from source -- instead of using a layer file or opening another similar project -- allowed me to move parcel points.   If this issue later becomes a problem I will open a case.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

The original thread is from 2013, but it is hard to tell if it is the same or not because you might be using a different version of the software, different DBMS and many other variables could be different.

Please open a case and we'll have a look. Your insight about the layer is very valuable.

Thanks.

0 Kudos