Publishing Data with Feature Access Fails 00090

07-30-2013 08:58 AM
MSUDSI
by
New Contributor
I am trying to publish a feature access enabled map to my server.  When I try, I keep getting a 00090 error which is "feature service requires a registered database".  I registered my database using server manager by creating a .sde file with a python script, and the table and shapefile are in my enterprise geodatabase (created and enabled with the tool in ArcGIS).  The database validates on the server manager page.

I have an ArcGIS server (10.1 SP1) running on a Microsoft 2012 Datacenter Edition Server.  I am using MSSQL 2012 enterprise editionand trying to publish with ArcMap 10.1. 

I have no idea what to do next, I have been scouring the internet for a fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:  I created a feature class (which I am trying to publish) from an XY table in ArcCatalog.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Dennis,

I would make sure that the data in your map document is sourced to the same database connection that you've registered. Try manually registering that database connection either in Catalog or Server Manager by importing it and navigating to the folder where you know it's stored. Also, create a new map document and add the data from the same database connection in the same location and try publishing again.

Thanks,

- Daniel
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

First try to register your database connection using Arc Catalog or server manager as above mentioned.

To make connection you need check database client is installed on ArcGIS server system.

After that you need to create version to have feature access as map services for editing.

After all that you are able to create or publish map service.

Publish a feature service from ArcMap—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Configure a database connection for ArcGIS Server—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos