Error #2036

08-12-2013 01:29 PM
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
I'm getting the 2036 error when loading widgets, specifically the search and print widget. Legend widget loads fine. Looking through the other forums suggest this error is a result of an incorrect path or a file that no longer exists. I've tripled checked and the paths are correct and the files are available. Spelling of file names match. 

I'm using version 3.4 of the builder and the widgets are 'out of the box'.
Header and map switcher widgets load fine and are fully functional.
The data is hosted on our arcgis.com organization account, but all the layers load fine.
The viewer runs on Windows Server 2008.

Note: as I was writing this, I restarted the server and the now everything works fine, expect for on IE. I get the #2036 error before anything loads, whereas before, I was getting the error just when I tried loading the search or print widget.

I appreciate any help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
There must be an issue with 3.4. I created a completely new application using the builder and it works fine in FireFox, fails to load in Chrome and IE. In Chrome I get text at the bottom that simply says "Error #2305"; in IE the text reads "Error #2306".
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try using a tool like Fiddler or Charles Proxy to see what requests may be failing?
0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
Each time I load the page, I get different results so here's a summary what's generally happening when debugging the page:

Firefox
Works fine, every time

Chrome
Error #2035 before page fully loads
GET request fails on assets/locale/en_US.swf
Refresh the page a few times, randomly works fine
Clear cache, back to error #2035

IE
Error #2036 before page fully loads
GET request on fails on assets/locale/en_US.swf
Refresh the page, log in box appears, but WidgetManager popup tells me Error #2036
Debugger says widgets/WidgetContainer/WidgetContainer.swf failed to load
Log in anyway, try to launch a widget, that particular widget's.swf file fails to load
Refresh the page a few times, site randomly works fine
Clear cache, back to error #2035

So it seems certain files are failing to load, which is expected given the #2035 and #2036 errors, but which files fail to load and when and on which browser seems completely random.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
It sounds like there may be a problem with your web server. Is it under heavy load? Can you try another web server?
0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
The web server is definitely not under a heavy load, but I tried a few other sites we have on the same web server and they initially fail on loading the en_US.swf. If it were a server issue, why would it fail on the same file for each site?
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Maybe the file is corrupt? Do the samples here load fine for you?
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/samples/index.html
0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
I created a test application today using the builder without modifying anything, just using the builder only, and still encountered the problem. Yes, I can access those samples.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Maybe your web server machine has a bad hard drive or there's some other hardware issue? Can you test a web server on a different machine?
0 Kudos
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
Launched a new web server, downloaded v3.4 of the builder, built a basic application using the builder, still experienced the same issue(s).
0 Kudos