Spatial Analysis

08-29-2013 04:29 AM
deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III
As we start to roll out our new system we are getting a wide variety of request.  One of them being that we have a group that is in charge of maintenance at a lof of different locations.  So when something breaksdown they would like to be able to find the closest tech/contractor with the ability to service the problem.

It seems as though this service will only allow you to do 5,10,15 miles so I guess I need to create my own.
http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Network/ESRI_DriveTime_US/GPServer/Create...

I was thinking that Network Analyst would be good for this but was not sure about a couple of things so I wanted to test it a little bit. 

1.) Should I be looking at ArcGIS Network Anaylst for Server or for Desktop or both?
2.) I think the extension for Desktop is $2500 but what is it for Server?
3.) Does anyone have a link to an example like this, 
4.) Also each Tech will have a GPS device on them.  Is it possible to use that person's GPS signal and plot it on a map?  If so what do you need to do something like that.  I think this maybe out of my league.
5.) Can I accomplish this in FlexViewer or is this going to have to be a Flex App?

Michael
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies