Locator with place-name alias table not supported

08-30-2013 06:25 AM
Labels (1)
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor
I am trying to build an address locator that support place-name lookup.  I got it all working fine in ArcMap 10.2, until I tried to share it as an address locator package.  I am getting this error message:

00156: Locator with place-name alias table is not supported.  If the locator you want to publish or package contains a place-name alias table, sharing the locator as a package or server is not supported.

Does anyone know if it will ever be supported?  Is there something technically behind the reason why it is not supported?  Any other way I can make build my WPF Runtime application that would support place-name alias lookup?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VickyYoung1
New Contributor II

Hi Huy,

Did you ever figure this out? I would be very interested in knowing why the place-name alias table is not supported for publishing anymore. The documentation solution is to remove the table which is not a solution when it is widely used in our business.

Thank you

0 Kudos
SueLanglois
New Contributor

Hi Vicky, I never got a resolution for this.

0 Kudos
Robert_AndresPulido
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

¿Did anyone ever figure this out? I performed the tests in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and the inconvenience remains the same. Thanks.

#Locators arcgispro2.4‌

0 Kudos
fsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdtrwetewrt
New Contributor

I think I may have found a workaround. Not 100% yet. I have set up a location on my server as a datastore that I use to keep my Address Locators in. So when I publish them, there is no need for it to copy to the server. However, it will not allow us due to the Alias issue as per this thread. So, what you can try doing, is publish any old Address Locator to the server with a name you must choose and remember.

Then go in to the server, and stop that service from running temporarily. Then go back to ArcMap or ArcCatalog, and delete the Address Locator (or rename it) and replace it with the Address Locator (can be composite too) that includes Alias tables. Make sure it has the same exact name as the one you are overwriting. Now, your server should be looking at that new Address Locator that includes Alias table without even realizing it. Go back into the server and start the process.

Good luck.

0 Kudos