"Add results do not match" on save

Jump to solution
09-03-2013 01:00 PM
markcheyne
Occasional Contributor
can anyone explain what might cause a FeatureLayer SaveEditsFailed event with the exception message "Add results do not match."?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markcheyne
Occasional Contributor
i was surprised the Google had so little to say for that error message, so in case anyone cares, here's the fix, at least in our case.

I think this message might be code for "the edit failed at the DB level for bizarre reasons." the ArcSDE feature class exposed by the service was mucked up. Trying to do an edit in ArcMap exposed a more meaningful error message from Oracle. There was some spurious versioning wiring on the feature class, though it is not versioned - specifically a FK constraint to a non-existent A table. By disabling the constraint, all was well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
markcheyne
Occasional Contributor
i was surprised the Google had so little to say for that error message, so in case anyone cares, here's the fix, at least in our case.

I think this message might be code for "the edit failed at the DB level for bizarre reasons." the ArcSDE feature class exposed by the service was mucked up. Trying to do an edit in ArcMap exposed a more meaningful error message from Oracle. There was some spurious versioning wiring on the feature class, though it is not versioned - specifically a FK constraint to a non-existent A table. By disabling the constraint, all was well.
0 Kudos
markcheyne
Occasional Contributor
had this issue again recently with a different feature class. To diagnose - or at least get a more informative error message - we try to edit the ArcSDE/Oracle feature class in ArcMap. ArcMap will expose the ORA-blahblahblah DBMS error that'll point you towards whatever is actually unhealthy about your feature class. Or maybe. In this case, we got a constraint violation between the B and F table shape/fid, but what actually fixed the issue was an drop/add spatial index and Analyze (the toolbox tool, not the ArcCatalog context menu).

Of course, the 'fix' broke all the spatial views using the feature class because its XY extent had been recalculated. And they are all locked by map services and thus inconvenient to treat. Party on.
michaelrosen
New Contributor II

I'm getting the identical message "Add Results Do Not Match" but it is happening when I save to my ArcGISLocalFeatureLayer (via the SaveEditsFailed() call back).  I believe the problem is that the backing FeatureClass starts has an extent which is too small to accomodate the incoming Geometry.  If I force the first Graphic I add to have the  maximum required extent then my subsequent Saves complete successfully.

It would be very helpful if someone on the ArcGISRuntime/WPF could comment on this.

0 Kudos