Land Use Public Notification 10.2 and ReportLab issues

09-25-2013 12:18 PM
Labels (1)
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III
Just downloaded the 10.2 Land Use Public Notification toolset today (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=30f1c037c6b5407894fccb94b536c2b6). I installed the 32-bit reportlab 2.5 download on my 10.2 64-bit Desktop (i first installed the 64-bit but the tools wouldn't run). I installed the 64-bit reportlab 2.5 download to my 10.2 server (both per the requirements page at http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/localgovernment/10.2/index.html#/Requirements_for_Land_Use_Publi...).

I can run both the CSV and Avery tools on my desktop successfully. I can publish the results as geoprocessing services to my server no problem. When I try to run the Avery tool from my Flex application, I am getting the following error in my server log:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "\\sitehost\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\DOGIS\PublicNotification.GPServer\extracted\v101\mapsandgeodatabase\Local Government.tbx#GenerateAveryLabelsPDF_localgov.py", line 1, in ImportError: No module named reportlab.pdfgen Failed to execute (GenerateAveryLabelsPDF). Failed to execute (GenerateAveryLabels).

It looks like I have a problem with the ReportLab install, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas? Thanks

Mike S
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeSchonlau
ESRI developer in St Louis also couldn't generate a PDF with the 10.1 nor 10.2 toolbox. We can both generate the CSV output but can't get the pdf output from the Avery tool. Anyone else having success with this?
0 Kudos
RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

I currently am having the exact same issue as you with the Public Notification geoprocessing service.  Were you ever able to resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

Not yet

0 Kudos
RyanSellman
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.  I finally got my gp service to work after an uninstall and reinstall of reportlab 2.5 on both my 10.2.2 Desktop (32 bit) and 10.2.2 ArcGIS Server (64 bit).  Hope this helps.

Ryan

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Mike, are you still having this issue?

I would advise to install or re-install the report lab package and see if that helps. If not then, let us know.

-Lindsay

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

Thanks, Lindsay. We've actually moved this function to some different software.

0 Kudos