question for enhanced search widget in flex api 3.0

10-11-2013 08:31 AM
ZhujingXia
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Robert,

After I searched for parcel I created buffer around the parcel, and then I find the intersect criteria with the buffer. At this time may I not zoom in to the result of the criteria but stay with the selected parcel or the buffer?

The issue for me is that the criteria polygon is very long, If zoom into the criteria result, user will not see the parcel and buffer. User like to stay with the parcel and buffer area.

Please advise me where I can modify it.

Thanks
Zhujing
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Zhujing,

Was my advice in this post not what you are looking for?

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/83504-Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer-Part-III?p=336251&viewf...
0 Kudos
ZhujingXia
Robert,

Thank you. It worked.

Zhujing
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Zhujing,

I am glad you marked this post as answered, but you marked your own post as the answer and not mine that provided you with the answer. Please move the check mark to my post on this thread.
0 Kudos
AlineMelo1
New Contributor
Hi Robert, how are you?

My name is Aline, i'm cartographer engineer in the company OGX Petroleum and Gas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and beginner in development in WEB applications.

I'm using the widget (Enhanced Search Widget - version 3.0) created by you on my GIS application, but would like to modify two settings in it:

1) How do I eliminate <selectmethodtip> Click option to change the selection method </ selectmethodtip>? -- see image_1 in attached;
2) How do I resize (more precisely decrease the size of the presentation of the picture box)? �?? see image_2 in attached.

Could you help me?

Regards,

Aline Melo.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aline,

1. There is no configuration option for removing the selection method dropdown.

2. The size of the images in the esri Popup window are controlled by the Flex APIs Popup Renderer Skin (nothing to do with my widget specifically). The height and width are not configurable, the Popup Renderer Skin code will have to be changed and then you will have to recompile the viewer to use the newly changed Popup Renderer Skin.

0 Kudos
ZhujingXia

Robert,

Do you still have the eSearch widget some where could download? The buffer in the eSearch can not work now. I'd like to see you alive sample for this widget.

Thanks

Zhujing

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Zhujing,

Flex is a dead end path, but here is my live preview site:

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/flexviewer3.7/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml