Registering Database with server

Jump to solution
11-22-2013 06:04 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III
Hello. So I am currently installing 10.1 server on our test environment. I am now trying to register my sde gdb with the server. When I try to do this from Catalog I get the following error message...

"Machine:Our server.company.org[Default SDE:
      The connection property set was missing a required propserty value was unrecognized.
       Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communication software that is not compatible with the SQL Server database server.]

We are still currently using our 10 environment so do I need to upgrade our sde to 10.1 or ?....
Erik
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NidhinKarthikeyan
It will be available in ArcGIS Server Software DVD.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
You have to install SQL Server native client on the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed. Make sure you select 64 bit client for ArcGIS Server.
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Nidhinkn
Thanks for the response. Where do I find SQL server native client? Is it a download from microsoft? If so is it "Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server" or is it "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R@ Feature Pack" Or something else.
Erik
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
It will be available in ArcGIS Server Software DVD.
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Thank you.
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Nidhinkn
One more question. what folder is this located in. Or is it an extension when installing server. I have downloaded all server software from our customer care site. Or this a special request?
0 Kudos
ErikBlake
Never mind I found it. Thanks again
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
I was away from desk. It will be in folder named 'Support'.
0 Kudos