Register Folder Error

12-03-2013 01:19 PM
VikramS
Occasional Contributor
All,

I have created a folder which has file geodatabase . I am trying to register the folder in the data store of ArcGIS Server 10.2 but it is giving me error as below
"The ArcGIS Server is not able to connect to the specified directory. Please ensure the folder exists and has the appropriate permissions for the ArcGIS Server to access it".

ArcGIS Server Account has full permissions to this folder . And this folder resides in a shared location .

Can anybody give me an idea what could be the problem ?

Thanks
Tags (2)
4 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor
Does the ArcGIS Server account have access to the share as well as the files in the folder? You can check these permissions if you right click the shared folder and go to Properties->Sharing->Advanced Sharing->Permissions.

Also, when you try to register the folder are you using the UNC path to that location?
VikramS
Occasional Contributor
Does the ArcGIS Server account have access to the share as well as the files in the folder? You can check these permissions if you right click the shared folder and go to Properties->Sharing->Advanced Sharing->Permissions.

Also, when you try to register the folder are you using the UNC path to that location?

Hello,

Yes I am using the UNC Path . I looked into the properties of the folder I don't have the option "sharing" . Instead under security I gave full access to the service account for the folder which I am trying to register and its sub folders . Currently I am having file geodatabase inside the folder .
0 Kudos
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vikram,

Were  you able to find out the cause of your problem? I am having this same issue as you described.

Thanks

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

We are having the same issue in ArcGIS 10.5

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos