Another customized TOC Legend widget

12-20-2013 08:44 AM
ReneeMaxwell
Occasional Contributor
I've built a customized legend widget for the Javascript API that I'd like to share with the user community. I can't find the old Code Gallery on the ArcGIS site anymore so I'll just post it here. If anyone knows of a better place to share it please let me know.

I realize there are a couple of other customized legend widgets available, but I was never completely satisfied with any of them so I built my own. It was actually quite a bit simpler to create a widget that worked for our in-house apps than it was to build a more robust version that could serve the larger community, but I was motivated by the challenge and wanted to hone my skills. I'm really happy with it, I hope others find it useful as well.

You can view and download the code for the widget on GitHub:

https://github.com/ReneeMaxwell/TOCLegendWidget

Enjoy!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
Thanks so much for sharing! Going to take a look at this today 😃

+1
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III
looks nice - one thing that I am trying to do with my current TOC is to re-create the ArcIMS TOC from David Bollinger.  In this one there was an option of a "toggle group" (I think it was called) where only one item was allowed on.  For me I would use it for the TOC for my aerial map service, so only one year's photos can be requested.  Getting more than one year is silly as they just appear on top of each other (until I work out layer based transparency sliders) and have a resource hit on the server.

ACM
0 Kudos