X-Ray for ArcCatalog 10.2 not installing

12-30-2013 09:40 AM
Labels (1)
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
For some reason I can't get X-Ray for both Catalog and Map for 10.2 to install.  I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit and I have ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.2 installed.  I have full local admin rights on my system.

When I run the X-Ray install packaged for both the Catalog and Map versions the add-on does not show up in the Add-in Manager.

I've tried the installation three times with no success.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JenniferMarangos
New Contributor
I am having the same problem, only running in Windows 8 64 bit.  Did you make any progress getting X-Ray to install?

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II
In the add-in manager did you click on the option tab and set the directory the add-in file is located in?  Then your add-in for X-ray should show up.
0 Kudos
MarcelaRondon
Occasional Contributor

i did add the folder but the x-ray Add-In won't show (i can see other add-ins i have in the same folder), so i use the customize button and then the add from file, the installation window shows and then the successfully installed message but the command won´t appear in the list so i can drag it to my arcmap toolbars...

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you following the steps outlined here?: Install add-in - Local Government Information Model | ArcGIS for Local Government

It sounds like you are expecting X-Ray to show up as an add-in for ArcMap. From my experience, it will only work in ArcCatalog.

MarcelaRondon
Occasional Contributor

Thanks scott, it turns out that in fact i had mixed up the x-ray for ArcCatalog and the one for ArcGis, i figured it out a few minutes ago but it was too late to save myself from public humiliation.... still, thanks for answering

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

If you have ArcCatalog open you need to close it and open it again for the Add-In to show up.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
DaveTenney

does anyone have the xray for arcmap still?

i was hoping someone might zip it up and email it to me, the link to download this extension doesnt seem to be working. please let me know if you are able to send a copy my way.

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

Dave: I might still a version around that maybe installs to ArcMap.

A .esriAddIn file is just a zip file.  If you change the extension to .zip, you can then look around.  The one I'm looking at now has internal dates of 5/27/2015 and help about shows ver 10.2.0 ?

That doesn't match any release date on the website though.  I suspect this is the July 2015 release that is pushed to my laptop when it sees I'm on arc 10.3

If I tried to install to a 10.4 box, I think it might push down the March 2016 release.

I'm thinking the install is related to the ArcGIS version one is using.

It seems that on my desktop (10.2.2), I still get the toolbar showing up in ArcMap but on my laptop, 10.3.1, it only works in ArcCatalog and then as a side bar (like catalog tree), not a tool bar.

I'm offsite working with my laptop and it took me awhile to possibly figure this out.

When I get back in the office, I'll look into the versions I have there. 

I did just find this link for Xray for 10.1:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e1e911d7d7374285b1ef03d06b3ee642

And I looked on my desktop, I have three versions there of Xray, 600KB, 900KB and 2MB (rough estimates)

I will say though that as I work with the more recent version, it has a lot of nice features not in the older versions.

I can give up ArcMap access and just work through ArcCatalog (which I do anyway when working with datasets, etc...) for the added functionality.

If you connect with me, we can trade emails privately.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dave,

Do you still need this?

0 Kudos