How to work with a standalone table in a feature service

Jump to solution
01-07-2014 03:24 PM
ShiminCai
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

I have a feature service that has two feature layers and one standalone table. I need to be able to edit the standalone table (add, delete and modify records). I haven't been able to find any documentation regarding how to do these...

By peeking through the OfflineFeatureEditingSample in the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS 10.2, my understanding is that editing the standalone table could be achieved offline by using the AGSGDBFeatureTable class in the local replica geodatabase and edits could be synced to the server when online. Is this correct?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Shimin
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
The Related Record Editing Sample shows you how to edit stand alone tables using AGSFeatureLayer.

In short, an AGSFeatureLayer allows you to edit both feature layers and standalone tables in a feature service.
The only difference is that when the AGSFeatureLayer is based on a feature layer, it has geometry information and can display features on a map. When based on a standalone table, it does not have any geometry information and hence cannot display its information on a map. However, you can still query and edit data in the standalone table, just like you do with feature layers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
The Related Record Editing Sample shows you how to edit stand alone tables using AGSFeatureLayer.

In short, an AGSFeatureLayer allows you to edit both feature layers and standalone tables in a feature service.
The only difference is that when the AGSFeatureLayer is based on a feature layer, it has geometry information and can display features on a map. When based on a standalone table, it does not have any geometry information and hence cannot display its information on a map. However, you can still query and edit data in the standalone table, just like you do with feature layers.
0 Kudos
ShiminCai
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks Divesh. that helps. Cheers, Shimin
0 Kudos