How to make geoevent manager accessible from another PC?

01-13-2014 05:49 AM
YinghongLi
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I installed geoevent processor.  Now I can use the manager by localhost or a fully qualified domain name on the server where geoevent processor installed.  I can not access the manager webpage from another pc.  ESRI support staff told me I have to do something with  IIS.  I have no idea where to start. 

Here is my server info:

Operating System:  window server 2012
ArcGIS Server:  10.2 with web adaptor installed
Geoevent Processor:  10.2

Thanks for the help.

Yinghong Li
City of Austin
4 Replies
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Yinghong,

If you can access Manager on the installed machine, then the most likely reason you can't access it from another machine is because a firewall is blocking your request.

First off, if running GEP on a Windows OS ensure that machine's firewall allows incoming connections on ports 6180 and 6143 (you might have to add a firewall rule).
Then make sure your network firewall is allowing you to connect to the system where GEP is installed.

-Javier
0 Kudos
YinghongLi
Occasional Contributor
One more question:
Our ArcGIS Server is a dev server, running internally.  I have not problem to access ArcGIS Server manager from another PC.  It is different for Geoevent processor.  At the server I can use localhost:6143 to open up the manager website but I kept getting "there is a problem with this website's security certificate" error when I used servername.domain:6143.  I installed certificate but the error came back when I reopened webpage.  Do I need two certificates for them?

Thanks
0 Kudos
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Yinghong,

Yes GEP Manager runs on a separate port than ArcGIS Server Manager.  On your other machine, chances are you're connecting to port 6080 or 6443.

As for the certificate, installing it only marks it as trusted on the client you're visiting the Manager with.  So if you switch to a different machine or browser when connecting, you'll have to mark it as trusted on that client as well.  When installing, did you get the dialog confirming that you'd added a certificate to your certificate store?

An alternative is to replace the certificate installed with GEP to one issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) marked as trusted by your Browsers (either a public commercial CAor an internal one hosted by your IT department).  Instructions for doing that are here.

-Javier
0 Kudos
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same issue, but think I can provide some more info to help explain things.

Therefore, I assume I need to somehow allow access to GeoEvent through IIS if that makes sense?  Can anyone comment on how to go about doing this?