Public Notification

Jump to solution
03-20-2014 08:02 AM
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
I am working with the Public Notification Application, and am getting errors.  I have changed all of the services and the config.js file is pointing to the right services.  The three errors I am getting are: (1) When I go to search for an address, the popup comes up and says, "Token Required".  (2) When I click on a parcel or road, the popup comes up and says, "Unable To Perform Operation, Invalid Geometry."  (3) When I go to search for a street or road, it just says "Searching", but never comes up with anything.

For all three errors, I get a response from JSON that says, "{"error":{"code":499,"message":"Token Required","details":[]}}"

Is there something in another file besides the config file that I need to change?  This is a public facing server, and the website is: http://gis.naplesgov.com/publicnotification/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michelle
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
Got it to work!  It was a mix of %scratchfolder% and taking the Uploads option off of the Toolbox service that finally did it for me.  Also had to change from Synchronous to Asynchronous.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
For the token issue, it looks like your address search endpoint requires a token. The easiest fix would be to change the security on that service so that it no longer requires a token. Otherwise you'll need to either use the IdentityManager object in your JavaScript code to have the user log in, or, if you don't want users to have to log in, handle the login on the server-side using a proxy.
0 Kudos
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
For the token issue, it looks like your address search endpoint requires a token. The easiest fix would be to change the security on that service so that it no longer requires a token. Otherwise you'll need to either use the IdentityManager object in your JavaScript code to have the user log in, or, if you don't want users to have to log in, handle the login on the server-side using a proxy.

I was able to change the services to be public...forgot that step, oops!  But the address search is still not working.  Now the popup is saying, "Unable to locate specified address or parcel." and the JSON error is "dojo.io.script.jsonp_dojoIoScript8._jsonpCallback({"results":[]});"

Also, when I click on a parcel, the information is coming up, but when I click on Notify and enter the parameters, the popup comes up, "Error performing submit job operation" and the JSON error is "{"error":{"code":500,"message":"Error performing submit job operation","details":[]}}"

I did make sure that the toolbox is public, so that is not the problem there, but I am not sure what is the problem.
0 Kudos
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
Well, figured out the address search function, but the download button is still coming up with an error.  If anyone can figure that out, I will be eternally grateful!
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Michelle,

You may be running into a bug, NIM084485.

Synopsis                    
In the Land Use Public Notification local government template, there  are improperly defined workspaces in the GenerateCSV and  GenerateAveryLabelsPDF tools in PublicNotification.tbx.        

Additional Status Information
Fixed in the November 2012 Release        

Alternate Solution
Edit the script tools to be published as geoprocessing services  for the Land Use Public Notification local government template to use  the %scratchfolder% environment.
0 Kudos
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
Hi Michelle,

You may be running into a bug, NIM084485.

Synopsis                    
In the Land Use Public Notification local government template, there  are improperly defined workspaces in the GenerateCSV and  GenerateAveryLabelsPDF tools in PublicNotification.tbx.        

Additional Status Information
Fixed in the November 2012 Release        

Alternate Solution
Edit the script tools to be published as geoprocessing services  for the Land Use Public Notification local government template to use  the %scratchfolder% environment.

Jake,

I just went to see what it was when I did it before, and the tool is using the %scratchworkspace%\AveryOutput.pdf

Tried putting scratchfolder instead of scratchworkspace, and it's still coming up with the same error.
0 Kudos
MichelleRogers1
New Contributor III
Got it to work!  It was a mix of %scratchfolder% and taking the Uploads option off of the Toolbox service that finally did it for me.  Also had to change from Synchronous to Asynchronous.
0 Kudos