Feature Layer - Attachment Editor - IE9

03-20-2014 01:58 PM
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I have a dijit content pane inside of which I set the content to be a div. Into this div I create a new attachment editor.
I then create a feature layer and add an onload event in which I call queryFeatures after the layer has been loaded.

My question is as follows. Does attachment editor not work properly in IE9? The issue is that after I select a file in IE9, it does not do a "postback" and the page never "postbacks" to display that the file has been uploaded. Instead it just sits there and nothing happens although the file does indeed get uploaded. If I run the same code in Safari and Firefox everything works as intended. I select the file, it gets uploaded, and the control is refreshed to display the recently updated file.

Has anyone experienced any problems related to this?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Alex,

There are certainly some potential issues with IE9, but some of these can be mitigated by using the proxy page.

Have you tried with other versions of IE?
0 Kudos
AlexeiB
Occasional Contributor
Thank you Noah for your response.

The proxy is not the issue because I already have one in place and I am able to use the attachment editor with no issues on Safari and Firefox. I will be trying this on a different version of the IE browser later today and hope that I get something useful from it.

In the mean time, do you have any other ideas as to why IE 9 in particular would have a hard time with the attachment editor?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Alex,

Are you sure that the service requests are going through the proxy? Both Firefox and Safari have pretty good CORS support, even going back several versions, but IE 9 does not.

I do not have any other ideas regarding IE9 right now, but I would be curious to see the results of using a more recent version of IE.

Thanks,

-Noah
0 Kudos