Duplicate as unjoined

03-25-2014 06:37 PM
Labels (1)
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

I am having an issue where I am forced to duplicate as unjoined.  I used to be able to duplicate a one lot subdivision into a single lot then a single tax parcel without joining each one.  Then I had an issue where after joining a subdivision boundary, one of my encumberances went screwy, and the plan for that encumberance now shows up in the unjoined parcels list.  Why would a plan show up in the unjoined parcels list?

I have no idea if that is what is causing me to have to join duplicated parcels or not, but it seems to have happened at the same time.  Any ideas why I am unable to uncheck "Duplicate as unjoined?"  I submitted an idea here that would list reasons things are grayed out, vote it up if you would like to see a list like this.

Thanks,
Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor
Hi Jeff,

The plan would show up in the unjoined parcels list if it contains an historic parcel that is unjoined, and the historic parcel has been filtered out from the Parcel explorer tree-view. You can turn on viewing the historic parcels by right-clicking the white-space in the parcel explorer window and checking on the option that says "View Historic Parcels" We're planning to update the software at the 10.3 release for the parcel explorer in the way that it handles historic parcel filtering, so that we can avoid this confusion in the future. Thanks for reporting the problem!

On your other question, the only valid reason that I'm aware of for the check-box to be disabled and checked on, is if the parcel is already unjoined. If you are seeing that the check-box is checked on and disabled for joined parcels, then please contact tech support, as that would be a software defect that needs to be fixed.

Thanks,
-Tim
0 Kudos
JeffWard
Tim,

Thanks for the reply.  This issue happened so long ago, I can't really remember the solution.  I believe I had two things against me, the parcel was marked as historic, and I had neglected to change the line type from Origin to Point of Beginning to Standard Boundary.  So I had an unselectable historic parcel.  I think I was able to switch it from being historical in the tax parcels attribute table by searching on the PlanID.  Then I was able to open it and change the lines to the Standard Boundary type.

Thanks for the response.
Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
JeffWard

So this happened to me again.  I fixed it by regenerating the parcel fabrid.  After making a backup, I started editing the parcel fabric, made sure there were no selections and went to the Parcel Editor menu and selected "Regenerate Parcel Fabric".

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos