ArcGIS online Organization Account-Change Administrator

04-04-2014 08:02 AM
CarlaElenz
New Contributor
I am new to ArcGIS online Organizational Accounts, and just activated our account.  I did not realize that by using my existing  ArcGIS online login, that all my content would transfer to the ownership of the organization.  Is there any way I can change this and create a new user account to administer our organization account?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You can make another user in your organization an administrator, and use that user to manage the subscription. If you want to remove your personal account from the organization and take your data/maps with you, this is a bit harder. There isn't a way to do this that's integrated directly into the product. There is a sample tool (unsupported) that allows you to move content between two accounts. You can find a live version here:

https://github.com/Esri/ago-assistant

Note, this is an unsupported tool.

What you would need to do is:

1. Make another user an admin of the organization.

2. Contact esri technical support to have this new account be recorded as the the contact point for the subscription.

3. If you don't care about maintaining your original login, you can just create a new public account outside of the organization and use the tool referenced above to transfer content.

4. If you do want to maintain your original account, you need to remove it from the organization. To do so, you need to transfer all content to another user in your organization, remove the user account from any groups, then delete the user account from the organization. This would free up the username.Then, you would need to reregister that username with ArcGIS Online as a public account (personal account) and use the transfer tool to transfer content.

5. Using the tool referenced above, go to the page and click the "View it live" button on the page and sign in to the account you want to copy from.

6. Click the I want to...copy content

7. Then you will sign in to the account you want to copy to.

8. Drag and drop items.

Note that this is making a copy of the original items. The date of the item will reflect the current date. Comments on the item will be lost. Groups can't be taken out of the organization.

Good luck!

Mike
0 Kudos
DanielSmith
Occasional Contributor III

THis has happened to me as well. The issue here is that i have left the company that i was at and now all my stuff is gone including all the ArcGIS Pro stuff i had been testing under my user. now they have all my credits and i can no longer gain access.

0 Kudos
NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

You can change the ownership of multiple items and groups among other Bulk Actions many administrators are looking for with Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online is here https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a

Neill

0 Kudos