Why i can't add features on my feature service in flex

04-20-2014 07:30 AM
ErnejunCorvera
New Contributor III
Hi. I have feature service published in ArcGIS server 10.2.1 but I can't add feature using flex. When I add new feature, the edit widget saying it's adding feature but after a while the geometry doesn't display or basically there is no new feature added to the data. When I tried to edit the sde feature in arcmap, it's all fine. What's wrong with my feature service?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Which operations (e.g., Create, Delete, Update, Query) have you specified as 'allowed' for Feature Access within the service properties?  Also, you should check the requests and responses using Fiddler.  What are the results from running Fiddler during the attempt to add the new feature?
0 Kudos
ErnejunCorvera
New Contributor III
Which operations (e.g., Create, Delete, Update, Query) have you specified as 'allowed' for Feature Access within the service properties?  Also, you should check the requests and responses using Fiddler.  What are the results from running Fiddler during the attempt to add the new feature?

All operation are allowed on the service. What is Fiddler? how to run fiddler?
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Fiddler is a free web debugging proxy which logs all HTTP(s) traffic between your computer and some host (e.g., your GIS server).  You can use it to debug traffic in order to see the content of requests and responses so you can identify where the failure might be.  Download the appropriate version of the Fiddler software here.  Open Fiddler, then re-try your add feature operation, then save the results to a SAZ file in Fiddler and post it here.
0 Kudos
ErnejunCorvera
New Contributor III
Fiddler is a free web debugging proxy which logs all HTTP(s) traffic between your computer and some host (e.g., your GIS server).  You can use it to debug traffic in order to see the content of requests and responses so you can identify where the failure might be.  Download the appropriate version of the Fiddler software here.  Open Fiddler, then re-try your add feature operation, then save the results to a SAZ file in Fiddler and post it here.

Here's the result when I used fiddler (see the attached file).

why is it saying that "no store, no cache, must revalidate....." even my sde database is already registered in the server. (see the attached file)

the feature service has the following allowed operations (see the attached file).

bytheway, my  sql 2012, sde 10.2, and ArcGIS server 10.2.1 are in the single machine as well as arcmap desktop 10.2.2
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Occasional Contributor III
Did you ever resolve this issue?
After making some changes to one of my maps I started getting a similar issue.
0 Kudos
GeorgeHaskett
Occasional Contributor III
Okay, so in my case, I had mad changes to my Definition Query in my mxd doc that no longer reflected the original feature templates used for editing.  This would allow for the icon to initially appear, and then disappear when the lyr was refreshed in the viewer.

Updating my feature template properties settings solved the issues I was having.

Haskett
0 Kudos