ArcPad error opening map on Juno SB

06-23-2014 10:44 AM
MichaelKotyk
New Contributor
I have installed ArcPad 10 on my Juno SB and on Windows. I have a map and associated shapefiles that work on the windows version and deploy to ArcPad on the Juno, but when I try to open the map or the shapefiles on the handheld unit I get an error message that says "unable to open map". Any ideas on where my issue might be?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KyleCollins
New Contributor
I have installed ArcPad 10 on my Juno SB and on Windows. I have a map and associated shapefiles that work on the windows version and deploy to ArcPad on the Juno, but when I try to open the map or the shapefiles on the handheld unit I get an error message that says "unable to open map". Any ideas on where my issue might be?

Is this the first map that you have attempted to open on your Juno?   Or is it just the last of many.
0 Kudos
MichaelKotyk
New Contributor
Is this the first map that you have attempted to open on your Juno?   Or is it just the last of many.

It is the last of many. However, I haven't used the software since I updated to windows 64 machine. I had to update the Juno operating system to get my ArcGIS to recognize the Juno and allow ArcPad to deploy data. Now the data transfers to the mobile device, but I get an error opening the map and sometimes it says error 3.
0 Kudos
KyleCollins
New Contributor
It is the last of many. However, I haven't used the software since I updated to windows 64 machine. I had to update the Juno operating system to get my ArcGIS to recognize the Juno and allow ArcPad to deploy data. Now the data transfers to the mobile device, but I get an error opening the map and sometimes it says error 3.

Michael,
Since I'm not sure what versions of software are on your Trimble Juno or your new Windows desktop (64) the only thing I would check first is that the ArcPad version you are using is installed on the C:\Program Files (86) \ ArcGIS \ArcPad10.0 section on your desktop and that you are not trying to use WIN 8 or ArcGIS 10.2 with ArcPad 10.0 

Also, use the Compatibility Matrix Charts from Trimble and ESRI to confirm that all of the O/S and GIS versions are indeed compatible.  There are some caveats that are not obvious.

http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-160913/

Give a go at checking out a map to your desktop and then copy and paste the file folder into your My Documents folder on the Juno.
Then launch ArcPad and try to open the map.  See if you get a different error or the map opens.

We use the Trimble Geo 7X which is a killer machine but that is a little different setup from yours.

Perhaps one of the ArcPad Guru's will have a better suggestion and can get it sorted out.
0 Kudos
KyleCollins
New Contributor

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk1MzQx

Installation Bug that I was referring to in previous post.
0 Kudos