User Input Form

06-27-2014 06:45 AM
ThomasMurray
New Contributor
I am creating a map to collect Accident data from all over the state.  There will be about 12 users that input the data.  I am looking for a way to create a form so when they click map to add an accident a standardized form appears.

How can I do this??
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisDelaney
Esri Contributor
Hi Thomas,

Your timing is perfect! If you are planning to use ArcGIS Online for this task, we have a new configurable web app template that will be released to ArcGIS Online in July called "GeoForm".

You can check out a pre-release version here to see if it meets your needs:

https://github.com/Esri/geoform-template-js

Essentially the workflow for this new template is to:

1. Build a feature layer containing all the fields you want in your form
2. Publish that layer up to your ArcGIS Online organization
3. Put the feature layer into a web map
4. Share that web map to the GeoForm web app template
5. Configure the form to show the fields you want users to edit

As this application is built using our ArcGIS for JavaScript API, it is accessible in both desktop and mobile browsers.

If this workflow doesn't meet your needs, please feel free to contact me via email for additional ideas!

Chris Delaney
Technical Marketing Analyst �?? Law Enforcement/National Security
Certified Law Enforcement Analyst (CLEA)
W 909-793-2853, ext. 7160 | M 585-406-0349
cdelaney@esri.com | esri.com | arcgis.com
0 Kudos
ThomasMurray
New Contributor

Chris

We are are using ArcServer.  We do not use ArcGIS Online.  Is it still possible to use GeoForm?

Tommy

0 Kudos
ChrisDelaney
Esri Contributor

Tommy- Yes and No. GeoForm is a javascript web app template that is fed by a web map. That web map could come from a portal instance hosted on premise by your organization. As you may now, starting with ArcGIS Server 10.3, all on-maintenance server licenses come with Portal for ArcGIS as well as a number of named user accounts (depending on your server level). So you will need Portal to run GeoForm, but you will begin to get Portal free (10.3 is prerelease in Sept. and officially released in Nov.) So you won't need ArcGIS Online to use it, but you will need to set up a Portal for your organization. Does that make sense?

Chris

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

I'm looking to do a similar task; enabling a form within a webmap that allows for both user input  in the form of textboxes and user interaction with the map (gathering x, y location) - these would be the inputs to a geoprocessing service that would run in the map. Is this something that can be done with a GeoForm or with the Developer Edition of Web App Builder?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Jacqueline

SabinaBastias
New Contributor

Was this question about linking a geoform to a geoprocessing service ever answered? I am looking to do the same thing.

Best,
Sabina

0 Kudos