2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2012 10:45 AM by timrob

Shapefile import error

timrob
      Hi CE team - having problems importing the attached shapefile data. Import appears to run, but no data layer appears.

Road centrelines obtained through Koordinates.com.

Have tried various options for import, generally been using Cartesian projection, no centering for most information from Koordinates - can you reproduce a problem? Is there a limit on extents or quantity of data that can be imported? Running Win7-64bit, Intel i7 @3.2, 12GB.

Regards,
      Tim
        • Re: Shapefile import error
          MBuehler-esristaff
          Hi Tim !

Which precise build are you using again ? 1221 ?

I just tried importing your file with the latest version of the upcoming CE 2011.2 and it opened fine.

I guess you're interested when it arrives .. ;)

the build should be ready next week, then the distribution should take 1 or 2 days via the official Esri channels.

if you want, I can send you the .cej file so you can work in the time meanwhile. let me know.

cheers !
          • Re: Shapefile import error
            timrob
            Hi Tim !

Which precise build are you using again ? 1221 ?

I just tried importing your file with the latest version of the upcoming CE 2011.2 and it opened fine.

I guess you're interested when it arrives .. ;)

the build should be ready next week, then the distribution should take 1 or 2 days via the official Esri channels.

if you want, I can send you the .cej file so you can work in the time meanwhile. let me know.

cheers !

Hi - still on 2010.3, lots of projects live and waiting for IT to work the upgrade :-(
            A new release sounds like a good excuse for an install....

Thanks for testing the file, good to know the data is workable!
            Cheers,
            Tim