packaging failed

08-14-2012 11:07 AM
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Two days after a successful install of AGS 10.1 on a new server running Windows Server 2008 R2, I'm getting the simple error: "Packaging failed" for each new service I try to publish.  Any thoughts what might be causing this? 

I've successfully published several services prior to today.

thanks,

Greg
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
If you to the gpresults window are there are error messages that may help?
0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor
Hi - thanks for the response.

In the Results window, I get the error:

ERROR: code 500:, java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException, Cannot connect to this server

Although, I can indeed connect to the server in my ArcCatalog window.

Greg
0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor
It is also worth noting that I can save the mxd as a service definition file and then publish this service without errors to our server using ArcGIS Server Manager.
0 Kudos
TristanKnowlton
Occasional Contributor II
I too am having this same issue.  Some days I can publish, some days not.  I have another issue that when I stop the "ArcGIS Server" service on the server, none of my services start back up.

I have an telephone appointment with a support analyst today to work on these issues.  Will keep you updated if I learn anything.
0 Kudos
LukeCatania
New Contributor III
Just had this problem after successfully publishing one service.  So after you talked with the analyst, what was the solution.
0 Kudos
DanGriffin
New Contributor III
I'm having this problem as well.  Any answers?
0 Kudos
TristanKnowlton
Occasional Contributor II
The day that I talked to the analyst, everything seemed to work fine.  He was an ArcGIS Server Installation analyst so since it was working that day, he closed the ticket.  Nothing new for you, I'm sorry.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
If the packaging failed, it's best to check the GP Results windows for additional information about the error. If error lead you to believe that Desktop cannot connect to the server, try running Fiddler to see if you can find the failed request to the GIS Server.

On the server side, you need to make sure the Publishing Service is running. It's also good to test your publishing as the Primary Site Administrator to make sure it's not a security configuration issue.

If anyone in the thread reporting these problems is experiencing them today, please contact Esri Support so an analyst can help diagnose what the problem is.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III
I am having the same issue - did anyone get this resolved?

The geoprocessing results have very little info - everything is successful except:
"Error: code:500, java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowavleException, Cannot connect to this server."
"Failed to execute (StageService)."

I can publish from the sd as well from server manager and was able to publish just fine before.
0 Kudos