Export Annotation to DXF

01-11-2011 11:07 PM
CMcDonald
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

not sure if this is possible or not.  Our AutoCAD users want to be able to export the Annotaion data from OS MasterMap but when you right click on the Layer and choose 'Data' the 'Export Data...' option is greyed out.
I also tried exporting the entire feature class as a shape file using catalog, this generated an error but isn't really a solution anyway as it's dumping out all the data.
We are using ArcView 9.2

Thanks 😉
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
Hi,

not sure if this is possible or not.  Our AutoCAD users want to be able to export the Annotaion data from OS MasterMap but when you right click on the Layer and choose 'Data' the 'Export Data...' option is greyed out.
I also tried exporting the entire feature class as a shape file using catalog, this generated an error but isn't really a solution anyway as it's dumping out all the data.
We are using ArcView 9.2

Thanks 😉

Hi,

Export to CAD tool tool requires an ArcInfo license in 9.2.
0 Kudos
CMcDonald
Occasional Contributor II
Hi,

we don't have ArcInfo but there is a way around it.  You can use ArcView 8x Tools to convert a shape file to DXF.
Question is though can you convert annotation to DXF?
0 Kudos
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
Hi,

we don't have ArcInfo but there is a way around it.  You can use ArcView 8x Tools to convert a shape file to DXF.
Question is though can you convert annotation to DXF?

Hi,

You can check this Export Geodatabase Annotation to DXF format
0 Kudos
GregorSkrt
New Contributor
Just don't forget text is black and if you have a black background you won't see any text . That was my problem 🙂 Don't waste time like I did..
0 Kudos