combine feature layers

03-20-2012 08:25 PM
shaliniarora
New Contributor
hi

I have 3 feature layers
how can i combine them???
coz i want to perform query after unioning those layers.

Thanks in advance
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IvanBespalov
Occasional Contributor III
Kaju114,

You have such a detailed description of the problem / task. :rolleyes:
1)
I have 3 feature layers

really, 3 FeatureLayer instances? Show, how did you tried to initialize them (code or scheme)?

or

you have 3 Feature Services? And you have some limitations for each service, so you can't combine (union) it in Desktop or Server side?

2)
how can i combine them???
coz i want to perform query after unioning those layers.

query is the only task? have you tried to do it? Do you have experience (are you developer or salesman)? Did you wrote some code in flex, or you tried with server side extension?

Anywhere,
IMHO,
1 - Yes it is possible. It is hot hard work, but ...
2 - If you have combined 3 Feature Services (from server side) in one FeatureLayer (on client side) you still need to make 3 requests to the server, wait for the response to every request, and having on hand all 3 answers (responses) combine it.
0 Kudos
shaliniarora
New Contributor
oops , sorry 4 such a short description

I am using arcgis server10 with flex 4 and api 2.5 for my web application.              
                  I loaded map, having grid of layers and basic tools in that.
                  Now i want to develop a tool using which i should select 2-3 layers , combine those layers and then perform query on that(combined layers)

Like in arcMAP...when we union 2-3 layers then it form a new layer.....likethat i want in my application

for this purpose i used feature layers but got confused wat to do next..

so suggest me something

Thanks for ur reply..
0 Kudos
IvanBespalov
Occasional Contributor III
Try attached sample (may be you find some heplful things):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12890[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos